Thursday, June 28, 2007

New tent

1 of 3 was set up last night to check out the performance of the hub, center pole and spokes.


Naturally Nehemiah needed to check it out. He found it satisfactory.

My old spokes and hub were a perfect fit, which was great. So that one is complete, and just in time since it will be camped in next week.

All the sewing on #2 of 3 was completed last night. It still needs a hub, center pole and spokes. It also needs a stake bag and carrying bag, but it is coming along. It will also be complete just in time since it will be camped in next week as well. I will start working on the hub tomorrow. I need to make toggles for the doors and sew them on tonight. Then I can fold the whole thing and move it out of my way.

This weekend I am going to be in my sewing room NOT wrestling with giant yards of canvas. I am going to be making simple tunics, hoods and hose for my student. Her apron and belt are already complete.

My knitting is coming along nicely and I have 3" of the white complete. Only 7 1/2" to go and I can start the next set of decorative bands.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The tent looks great!

-elliesam

Lisa said...

the photo of the inside is verrrry nice!