Friday, February 02, 2007

Sweater repairs

I discovered yesterday (with quite a bit of shock and horror) that I had 3 holes in my beautiful sweater that my parents bought for me in New Zealand. I have no idea how these happened and yesterday was the first I noticed them and I don't remember catching my sweater on anything that would have done this damage. They appear to be rips or cuts and not moth holes. Fortunately the sock yarn that I just purchased came with reinforcing thread for the heels that was close enough in color that I was able to make the repair. It's not perfect, but the stitches are captured and it will not unravel.

I was so agitated about my sweater that I had a hard time sleeping last night. I woke up at 4:30 am dealing with 1 angry kitty who decided to pee on the carpet and a rather cold kitty who needed to get under the covers and put all 4 cold paws on me. Since I was up anyway I decided to fixed my sweater. I also decided to fix my Norwegian sweater that had some loose stitches on the button band. That repair looks better since it was easier to hide. I still want to know what the hell happened to cause the damage.

This morning the temp was -13 F with -26 wind chill and the weekend will be colder. Currently the temp is 0 degrees F and -13 with the wind chill. We won't get above 0 until lunch time on Monday.

No comments: