Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Still here

Lots of snow! Buried right up to my keester. Worked a half day Thursday (12:30) and Friday (2:30). The roads were ok, but sloppy. Thursday afternoon and evening was the worst and I did not make it to SNB, no one did, our usual meeting place closed at 8 pm so there wasn't much point. Hwy 35 closed from Albert Lee, MN to Des Moines, IA. I90 was closed to Souix Falls, SD and the roads were impassable on 94 coming out of Fargo, ND.

I went to Starbucks on Friday afternoon and met up with a friend and helped her with her knitting. I showed her how to ladder down and knit up and maintain a pattern. It worked and she is happy. I finished writing up my documentation for kingdom A&S and went home to print everything out, pack everything for the trip Saturday and get to bed at a reasonable time.

I was woken up by a phone call from my friends at 5:30 am Saturday and initially thought that something had gone wrong and we were not going to be able to go. On the contrary, they were calling to see if I could be ready to go earlier than the 7 am departure time. I said sure, got up, got dressed, and was mostly ready to go when they arrived. We got under way at 6:30 am and arrived in Marshfied, WI around 9:30. Since we had time we decided to hit a local cafe and have breakfast, which was awonderful choice. P was originally going to go, but elected to stay home and shuffle cars for the plow and work on stuff for Gulf Wars.

He entered his mosaic and received a first and a great many compliments.


I entered one of the socks (I finished the calf decoration on the other at the event so I am in the home stretch) and also received a first.


I got to fiber geek with people. Hang out with friends and basically have a good time, despite being fried from judging for hours. Ick!

P is leaving for Gulf Wars on Saturday, but before he leaves we are going to see the movie 300 Friday night. I can't wait!

No comments: