Saturday, March 10, 2007

War

New vocabulary word: wargasim

The guys left for Gulf Wars this morning (way too early) and I will be a war widow this week. I hope they have a good time and fight lots. I couldn't convince P to bring the mosaic with him. The person organizing the A&S never got back to me and there were too many unanswered questions that he didn't think it was worth it to bring it all the way to MS, and I can't really blame him.

What is it with A&S organizers dropping the ball lately?

Speaking of War, 300 was absolutely amazing!!!! The whole movie was a visual orgy! I thought I was going to need a smoke afterwards. There is a lovely shot of Gerard Butler's butt, but I actually preferred it when he was wearing his helm and in the shield wall. Yes, I am wierd, but I am a fighter geek. I think I would have gotten along just fine in Sparta.














Come on! This is pretty. The slow mo fight scene when Leonides first faces the Persians is breathtaking. I will own this when it comes out on DVD. When the movie ended A said "I think we need to leave for Gulf Wars now". It was inspiring.

On the knitting front, I finished the socks! They are washed and drying right now. I will take pictures in the morning and post them shortly to the recipient. He is anxious, which is nice.

Tonight I am celebrating a quiet house with beef liver and onions with a nice merlot. I also made a onion tart with sugar, vinegar and cinnamon as the spice. It may be interesting.

No comments: