Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Viking hat


100_1723
Originally uploaded by Valkyr8

It's intended for a baby/ toddler, but I pulled it onto my head for the sake of pictures. I think it turned out pretty good. I especially love the short row shaping used on the horns to make them curl up in the middle.

The hat has ear flaps (which you cannot see in the photo) and I'm waiting to add ties when the baby is born so I can choose the proper color.

This is the link for the pattern that I used. http://rsveverka.com/chileconyarne/2008/09/08/viking/

2 comments:

sheila said...

Ok, I am a die hard Bears fan, but that has to be one of the cutest hats ever! Nice work!

Liz said...

Thanks! I'm not a football fan at all, but the new parents are and they have season Viking tickets. I thought it would be appropriate for them.

I'm thinking about making another hat for my neighbor's kid.