Monday, March 30, 2009

SNOMG

I drove down to Kansas City on Saturday to attend their Coronation and Katrai's elevation to the Pelicanate. Her surprise when I greeted her Saturday morning was worth the 7 hours in the van. I had my pod casts so I was entertained.

I stayed with Gwen and Ulf and had a marvelous time being clambered on by dachshunds and kitties, as well as a hedgehog (so cute).

There was a prediction of snow for the weekend. Rephrase that: GIANT FROGS OMG WE ARE GOING TO DIE FROM WHITE STUFF.

::ahem::

The rain Saturday morning, turned to freezing rain which turned to slush. It was icky and covered all the beautiful blossoms on the trees with ice and snow, but only accumulated a couple inches on the roads. They were slick on the way to dinner and we opted out from going to the post rev, but I had lots of visiting at the event. It was lovely. Sunday was sunny and warm and all the snow was gone from the roads and I had smooth sailing all the way home.

The stockings for Ariel are going well. I'm starting the calf decreases and I got the thumbs up for the clocks. I still think they are a bit big so I'm going to re-chart the design and knit up a test pattern when I knit the foot. I'm trying a shaping method that is closer to the surviving stocking. I should have it well under way for Elizabethan RUSH on the 18th. I'm excited to be going back to Calontir so soon.

This weekend is Coronation in Madison and I'm deciding what I should bring for the A&S display. I'm thinking about bringing one of my tents.

No comments: