Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Knitting update

When I wasn't making stuff for Halloween, I have been knitting.

I finished my Rolling Thunder socks by designer Sivia Harding at the end of September.


I purchased the yarn at Shepherd's Choice in East Bethel, MN in July.  There are small beads on the cuffs and I love that touch. 


I started a pair of socks for Tim. The Retro Rib sock by Evelyn A. Clark knit in Knit Picks Gloss.

I have been working on a new lace shawl.  I purchased a skein of lace weight alpaca from After the Sheep Fiber Arts at Shepherd's Harvest in May.  The yarn is a silver color and I'm adding faceted crystal beads. 


The pattern is the Aeolian Shawl from Spring Knitty 2009.  It is beautiful and I can hardly wait to block it.  I'm beginning the edging, but I'll need to work on it sparingly since I need to sew up 2 tents for a mid Nov delivery.

No comments: