Friday, June 13, 2008

Midsummer Night's Dream

(photo by Steve Rice, Steve Rice, Star Tribune, April 21, 2008)

I redeemed my gift certificate from my sister and saw a Midsummers Night's Dream at the Guthrie last night with my friend Rachel. I'm still hanging onto the coupon for dinner for 2 at Cue for Tim and I, but considering his knee, he really couldn't bend it and be comfortable in the seats so I took someone else.

I love this comedy of Shakespeare. It's really hard to screw it up. I loved a lot of the extra items that this production added. A lot of dance, music, song, wire work, zip lines, it was awesome! I was unimpressed with the actress who played Hermia, but the actress who played Helena was excellent! The fairies were great, but the players stole the show! All of them!!! What a fantastic show!

It runs to June 22nd and I highly recommend catching a performance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have tickets for the 22nd with a co-worker and I can't wait! It's my Lillies consolation prize for not going.