Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Eleanor Stockings #3


e 3, 7-1-08 other side leg
Originally uploaded by Valkyr8
Actually this is #5 of the 6 stockings I am knitting this year. This pair is for me and it is slow going. Mostly cause I have had other knitting distracting me. After about a month of slogging along I finally got to the calf decreases. The decreases went pretty quickly and soon I found myself at the heel flap. I'm attempting to keep the pattern going throughout the whole leg and the only way I could think to do this was to have the gusset done in the rice stitch and reduce the stitches until a band of 9 worked in rice stitch remain.

So far I think they are looking good. My goal was to have the pair done for the State Fair, but I'm not going to make it. Too many other things have suddenly come onto the docket.

No comments: