Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Uptown Boot Socks

Finished another pair of socks, this time for me.














I got the yarn from one of the gals in the my knitting group when we did a swap and it came without ball bands.  I'm pretty sure it's wool, but other than that I got nothing.  I love the texture from the pattern, Uptown Boot Socks from Jennifer Appleby.  I finished the kitchnered toe and quickly cast on another pair, Diagonal Cross-Rib Socks by Ann Budd.  I'm using a skein of sock yarn I bought at Shepherd's Harvest and it looks great.  I'm going to throw caution to the wind and knit another pattern at the same time using the second skein.  Waving lace socks, by Evelyn Clark.  I'm managing to finish a pair in less than 2 weeks so I should have both pairs done before Shepherd's Harvest 2010.  I have some sewing to complete and that will cut into my knitting time.

I'm really getting anxious for the growing season.  I have a lot of my seeds purchased and the warmer temperatures and rain have done a number on the snow drifts.  Sunday I'm prunning the apple trees since the weather should be sunny.  The kitties always enjoy the sun and fight over space in the sunbeams.

 They managed to sit touching each other for an extraordinary length of time.

No comments: