Monday, April 24, 2006

Successful Foraging

Saturday knitknot and I went to Yarnzilla and enabled each other. Success was found in the form of approximately a dozen Dale of Norway Baby Ull yarn. I have 2 colors of blue and a bunch of cream. Unfortunately I don't have time to play with it yet....Damn Crown. Someone tell me to sit on my hands the next time people are asking for a cook.

I was very tempted with the Rowan sale, still pondering purchasing the yarn from the website, along with some Dale of Norway Stork. I want to make the cover sweater in my Dale baby book. They had a sample of the sweater at the store. Tres cute! I purchased 2 skeins of Misti Alpaca in a lovely lilac to make a wrap for my mom. She loves the color and I hope I can get some of it started before I see her this weekend. My sister and I are celebrating her birthday (about a week early) this weekend. Maybe I can convince my sister to let me knit for her.

After the fiber binge we went for Dim Sum at Bui's Asian Cuisine, 422 W University Ave, St. Paul, MN 55103 (651) 222-1333. They have wonderful Dim Sum Friday, Saturday and Sunday and I am always pleased when I eat there. After stuffing ourselves on dumplings we headed to knitknots house and ground 56 lbs of pork and finished the process by stuffing the ground meat into casings on Sunday. 18 dozen bratwurst, with a little left over for grilling Sunday night. Yummy! Now I am exhausted and not really interested in work today. Would rather be knitting or sewing. Finished the hem on my linen twill, lots left to do before I can wear it.

No comments: