Monday night I kept staring at the sock, and kept staring at the sock. "This is too long" I said, "I know I'm going to have to rip it back so I'll just do it now." Ripped it back to the diamonds and ripped out 2 repeats of diamonds and re-did the heel.
Now it looks too short.
Re-rip, add a diamond repeat back in and then re-knit the heel, twice (tried something funky and didn't like it). So now the sock looks the right length, the heel looks right, I have re-knit the "Allah" band at the ankle and have started the chevrons. I will be very annoyed if I removed a diamond repeat for nothing.... but it is not the end of the world.
I get to try it on the foot of the wearer in a week.
Tonight I am working on some funky dance wear for WW. I picked up some beautiful silk from SR for a choli top and I'm going to dig through my fabric horde to see if I can find some fabric for another top, and possibly a skirt. The trip to JoAnne's last night yielded some bright orange cotton for some pants and a lovely linen'oid fabric for a abba or caftan. I found some purple that would work well with the fabric from Thailand that I got from Kate, but the store was closing in 5 minutes and I decided to go back when I have more time. I think I will go back on Thursday after I give my fabric bins a good once over and see what else I need to buy.