Tuesday, August 15, 2006

...is this thing on?

Quiet week. Boss was away for most of it.....ahhhhhh....peace. Need to find a NEW JOB!

Yesterday I woke feeling crappy and decided that I would do myself and the world a service by staying in bed, which I did. Much better! I finally did get up and spent quality time knitting the Egyptian socks. They are coming along. I have turned the heel on number two and have moved up to mid calf, half way through the diamond pattern. Only 6 more repeats to go and then the chevrons, the last "allah" band and then I cast off. I will have these done in time for Autumn Rose. YAY! Fingers crossed that they fit.

Last night I had no shows for my knitting meeting. Oh well. It was probably for the best.

Sunday was my dad's 70th birthday party at Irvine Park in Chippewa Falls. I grew up playing in this park and it is still my favorite place to visit. Mom rented a pavilion and we invited the extended family. It was loads of fun despite the fact that the caterer was a no show which left us scrambling to replace the main dish (we had everything else) and the sky opened and dumped 10,000 gallons of water, twice. Fortunately we were under the shelter and were nice and dry and my mom is crazy so we had enough food to feed an army even without the, now infamous, "chicken".

My sister and I drove through the park and visited the bears, deer and elk before heading back to the folks for "a little coffee". For those of you who do not come from mid-western/ Norwegian/ German stock, "a little coffee" means you have a little coffee with some cake, sandwiches, fruit, vegetables, and a small meal, for a couple hours.

I think this is why my SO stayed home in MN.

This weekend I will be invaded by Calontir folks all hungering for SR Harris. I just went at the end of July so I have nothing that needs buying. I'm just going for moral support and general girlyness!

No comments: