Friday, September 01, 2006

Labor Day, no kidding....

Shade Fly Done! Ropes were cut to size last night, valance was sewn to the canopy, reinforcing corners added, grommets set, lumber purchased. I had to rip down a couple 2 x 4's for the uprights and I did that at work this morning. The uprights still need to be sanded and painted, but that will have to wait until some of the moisture in the wood leaves. Good grief it was awfully wet for being in an indoor warehouse.

Here are a couple pictures of the valance during painting.






"Ducere Ministrare Illuminare" is latin for "To Teach, to Serve, to Light the Way" and is the motto for the Kingdom of Northshield. I have not set up the whole thing yet so that will have to wait until tomorrow. Then I can get a picture of the finished item.

Speaking of finished!



Rashid will get them tonight! I'm hoping that he will let me display them on the A&S table on Saturday. Considering the cool weather we are predicting he may be happy to have long wool socks to wear.

I also finished my self stripey sock and am starting #2.




This weekend I will be cooking, unless we are rained out. Fingers crossed for mostly sunny skies. Lenny would prefer a weekend without thunder. How can one say no?

No comments: