Friday, November 10, 2006

FO's for the week


The most important FO is the handout for my class on pattens that I will be teaching at the Known World Costume Symposium on November 24th and 25th. I needed to have my handout complete and to the proceedings coordinator today and it was sent just after midnight this morning. That's a huge relief and I am relatively pleased with it. I just hope it is not too image heavy. I did stick to my 4 page or under.

I need to contact the class coordinator and explain that I am bringing MY LAPTOP (yay) and if I can use a projector that would be great. If not people can just crowd around the screen. I need to print out the Walk Through History sheets as well since I am in charge of that this year.

Onto knitting!



The stockings are done, washed, blocked and dry! I think they look wonderful and I am very pleased. Of course I won't be able to wait until Boar's Head and may just give them to the recipient at Clothiers. Either that or I'll wait until 12th night. The first photo is very yellow. My camera does not do well with low light for some reason. The detail of the clock shows the true color of the yarn, more cream. They are soft and fine and fit for a queen. ::grin::


These are not fo's, yet. They may be tonight. They will be heading off to Ohio for P's dad for a gift, along with some tea, tea cup and some home made cookies for his mom.



This is an FO to come, but I just wound the balls last night (thanks again Angie) and I am already in love with the color. It just shimmers. This will be made into an Icarus shawl for my godmother. The yarn is from Knit Picks, Alpaca Cloud in Stream. I think I may actually have time to finish all my holiday knitting this year, especially once my class is over. I need to focus on wood and leather projects for the next couple of weeks.

I also need to finish a certain person's baby sweater.

1 comment:

Valkryie Knit This said...

Those socks are so pretty! Nice job!