Monday, November 27, 2006

Teaching weekend

Turkey day was good. Drove to Chippewa falls and served meals with the Salvation Army at my mom's church with her and my dad. We served over 100 meals, which was great. When we were done I grabbed a package of lefse and hit the road back to MN to arrive just in time for another Turkey Day meal at C&C's. The turkey was succulant and we ate and then I watched some of the folks play video games and then we all (well those who stayed awake) watched Kung Fu Hustle. Dessert was a pear amaretto crumble concoction with vanilla ice cream. OMG! Wow!

Friday morning Isabella and I hit the road for Madison at 9:30. We got there around 1:30 and had a late lunch/early dinner at Noodles. We then went to the site, got changed, checked in and I got my classroom ready to go for my class at 6 pm. I sat in Melissant's class on ruffs/ starching and was deservidly chastised for being sassy. LOL! (damn that girl has nice hand sewing, wow!) My class on pattens was standing room only and I was very surprised. It seemed that people enjoyed it, even though it was focused on Northern Europe and Medieval English pattens. I was provided with a couple more sources for other countries so I am looking forward to exploring them at some time. I had a lot of people tell me that they were encouraged to try to make pattens for themself. Yay.

Friday night was the social/ meet and greet. I re-introduced myself to Drea, who was looking stylish in her German, not surprising. Friday night at R&A's we were treated to The Vikings and a rather interesting movie The Groove Tube. Enough said.

Saturday morning we were back at site shortly after 9. I taught my second session of Pattens and went to several other classes and the Key note: From Bills to Wills. Wonderful!!!! Wow! I put the completed stockings in the A&S display with G2's silk garters, which were gorgeous! I got third in the bean count, which was just lovely. Ivan got the most beans for his stunning embroidery and G2 received the next number down for her goldwork and blackwork. It was wonderful to present the finished stockings to her Majesty at the end of the day. If she suspected anything, she didn't let on. I also received some lovely compliments from Melisant and Drea so I'm going to touch base with both once I find some suitable silk for 2 more pairs. HH has expressed interest in some Turkish socks and I have been wanted to make a pair, so that will be fun.

I knit several inches over the weekend on stocking pair #2 and am only a few inches from the heel. Once they are done my official participation in the Evil Plan (tm) will be complete, but I may have a hard time not knitting more. It's a fun knit and fairly painless. Knitting them in silk will be a nice change.

I do need to finish M's baby sweater and the knitted clogs for dad. I should make something for the Quill raffle, maybe it will have to be a promissory for a knitted item or banner. I also need to finish 2 shade flys this winter.

That and find a new job.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I'm with you on finding a new job. If it could only be something like sitting home and knitting, I'd be good with that.

Liz said...

Wouldn't that be lovely? ::sigh::