Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Produce

I need to eat more Swiss Chard, the garden will soon be drowning in produce. There are flowers on the cucumbers, summer squash, peas, beans, and tomatoes. Considering the cooler temps, I should pick up a hen and roast it on a bed of fennel tonight with some potatoes. That will be a nice easy dinner so that I can work on stuff in the sewing room.

On the way home from the wedding this weekend I purchased a flat (8 qrts) of strawberries. They are not as sweet as our neighbors, but they are pretty good, and a bargain at $3/ qrt. I cleaned and sliced 16 cups of strawberries and placed them in the freezer. I think I will end up making jam, but I don't have time to do that right now. I also have 1 1/2 qrts of cherries picked, with more still on the tree. They are waiting in the fridge for some action by me. Not sure what I'll do, but I think some will go into the freezer for baking, and some will go into alcohol for cordials.

The shade flys are sewn and could be set up anytime I get the wood. I still need to add the snowflakes, but I will start that tonight. See how well I did masking my new screen for the task.

I'm going to knitting on Thursday, but it's going to be a quick dash in, grab my food order form Chris, and dash out. Too much to do this week.

No comments: