Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Red fingers

I did the overdyeing of the red wool for my stockings last night. So far it looks like I managed to get the color more even and the spots that were faint before under the ties seem to be just fine. I am pleased, but my nails are kind of reddish/ pink. It will fade.

I have started knitting my Dickenson Pullover out of Wool of the Andes in Mulled wine. The pattern is addictive. I'm knitting it in the round, I don't feel that there is any reason to knit everything seperately and then join them. The sleeves will be knit up to the underarms and then I'll throw the whole thing onto a circular needle and knit the ragland decreases.

Of course this means that my attention is removed from the next pair of sock monkey socks. I need to have those done so I can use the needles for the Clessidra stockings. It's all part of my plan.

I did a lot of knitting at Coronation last weekend, but I was the driver so not much to and from the event.

This weekend I will be traveling to Madison for my friend's bridal shower and various tom foolery. Another friend is going to drive so I can get some prime knitting done. I am also bringing Tweet to her new home. I think she would be happier around other birds and away from my cats and my friend who has birds agrees and is willing to take Tweet. I'm very happy for her, even though I will miss her.

No comments: