Monday, February 18, 2008

I'm a Combination Knitter

Yeah, who knew? I didn't even know there was such a thing until I attended Annie Modesitt's demo at the Knit Out on Saturday. I saw her setting up and remembered she was doing a demo on Combination Knitting. I had no idea what that meant, but what the hell, I'll grab a chair.

I pulled out my silk stocking (which got some nice oohs and ahhs) and listened and watched and got a cool Flip Book on the subject (these things are just genius!). I was working along on my stocking and listening to the demo and realized that there was something familiar to what she was doing. I put down my knitting and fliped through the book. Hmmmmm. I picked up my knitting and worked a purl stitch, picked up the book, picked up my knitting....well what do you know! There was a rep from Signature Needle Arts in front of me. Nice needles, but I haven't used straight needles that were not dp's for so long I don't know what I would do with them.

Other than that bit of coolness the Knit Out left me flat. There really isn't anything there for people who are experienced knitters, and the swarms of people got to me after a while and I had to leave. I wish I could have gone to the Knitting room at the Country Inn Suites Sat. night, but it was not in the cards. Liz and I did stop at 3 kittens for some retail therapy. I needed to be around yarn that was not Patons, Berocco, Lion Brand or Red Heart.

I did get to see the Spring samples for Interweave knits, I'm already planning to make the printed silk cardigan. I LOVE it! I'm thinking the cotton linen from Knit Picks.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That sweater would look great on you. You might also try the mercerized cotton I used for the baby sweater (butterfly, I think), they have really cool deep colors. Not too pricey either.