Monday, March 24, 2008

Stockings for a Young Lady


yl stocking
Originally uploaded by Valkyr8
I finished the first stocking on Sunday. I'm trying to get some fun knitting done before I start the second set of silk stockings. Not that knitting the silk isn't fun but I had a couple projects to finish first and since I'm giving myself 1 month per stocking I don't need to start the next pair until April 1.

The pattern is from Nancy Bush's book, Knitting Vintage Socks. I love the pattern, it's really simple and I think it looks elegant. The leg of the stocking fits over my calf so it should work for Liz just fine. The yarn is Knit Picks Palette in Verdant Heather. The yarn is lovely and knits up a treat.

The reason for the different color toe is the simple fact that I only had enough green to reach to the end of the pattern repeats. I had the blue skein leftover from the socks for my sister and decided to finish the toe with it. If I finished it with the other skein of green then I would be forced to buy a third skein and delay the finishing of the pair. Considering the fact that the toe will be safetly stowed inside a shoe, I'm not bothered by it.

No comments: