Friday, May 16, 2008

Eureka!!!!!

I think I managed to replicate the cuff from the Eleanor stockings. Yeah, I've already finished 2 pairs, but I was never 100% satisfied with the directions I was using. They both turned out fine, but I really wanted to see if I could do better.

I recently put my hands on a couple of good photos of the originals and I've re-doubled my efforts to make what I'm knitting look like the picture. At knitting last night I think I cracked it. This is so exciting! I'll be posting a photo of my swatch soon. I'm going to give the chart to G2 and have her knit it as well and see what she thinks. I'm still contemplating how I want to make the pattern available, once I write it up. It will deffinately be ready for Lilies.

Drea's stockings went into the mail this morning!!! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

3 comments:

Jamie/Moira said...

I am looking forward to seeing the results!

Susan (ZenKnit) said...

Congratulations on the completion of a beautiful project.

So, what's next?

Alwen said...

That is 100% cool! Are we allowed to ask where you got the photos?