Friday, May 08, 2009

Flowers!

Photobucket Photobucket
The flowering Crab Apple is blooming and the color is amazing! The cherry tree is starting to bloom, as is the lilacs. It's going to smell so good this weekend and next week! I can't wait!

Photobucket Photobucket My tomato and pepper plants were a gift from Eleanor and I will be putting them in the ground next week. They are ready to go and I expect they will take off once I get them in. I'm going to lay down newspaper, paper bags, and mulch around the plants to see if I can keep the weeds down, as well as conserving water. The peas, lettuce, spinach, beets, sunflowers and onions are growing along and I saw some signs of life from my cucumber seeds. I will be adding squash and pumpkin. I don't think any of my beans geminated so I'm either going to start again with new seeds or purchase plants.

Photobucket Photobucket I reused the pots that I grew my tomatoes in last year and started some annuals. They are doing really well. I have 2 pots on the back deck and 2 on the front steps.

The seeds in the herb garden are starting to come up, but I can't remember what I planted where. I'll discover what each green thing is in good time.

Last night I weeded the raised garden for 2+ hours. I removed a bucket full of thistle and tried the tip of pouring boiling water on the developing thistle plants. I'm excited to see if that works.

No comments: