Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Doing some catch up

Ok, so I was gone for a week in MO and I will eventually write about Lilies 21, but first KNITTING, cause that's supposedly what this blog is all about.

I did actually knit on World Wide Knit in Public day this year. I started a sock for a friend.



This sock is based on one from approx the 13th c. in Egypt. The bands are a Kufesque script saying Allah, at least according to Rutt's book. The sock is for a size 13 foot and is being worked in a wool/ poly yarn. I started from the toe up using a Turkish toe. So far I am quite pleased with how it is turning out. I ammused a number of people by asking what size shoe they wore and suprised one guy in Odysee Coffee by making him try the sock on cause he had size 12 1/2.

Fortissima Socka, natural (2048) and blue (2015)
Superwash wool, 75% wool, 25% Polyester

I also suceeded in getting a picture of Hrodir's bag that I made him for Coronation.




I used some leftover yarn from his socks and I am quite pleased with how it turned out. It was dead simple to make. Hrodir had a lot of fun showing off his knitted items during the week, and so did I.

1 comment:

ecb said...

Glad you're home!