Monday, October 01, 2007

Dickinson Pullover complete!

It fits perfectly! I'm very pleased.

I just finished binding off the neck, wove in the ends and threw it on so it still needs to be blocked, but I am very pleased with the fit and the length of the body, sleeves and the deep V neckline are all perfect.

I started with 14 skeins and had 1/4 left of the last skein left despite the fact that I added 2" to the arm length and 1 1/2" to the body length. I chose to knit the body and sleeves in the round up to the armholes and then place everything onto a cable and work around shaping the ragland sleeves and it worked really well. I'm thinking the yarn will benefit from a good washing and blocking as it will relax the cables and take away some of the scratchy edge to the wool.

Detail of the ragland decreases, pretty close to the final color.

Out of all the pictures, only one shows the right color. Once it is dried from blocking I'll get a picture wearing it.

Edit: pictures wearing Dikinson

The yarn relaxed a lot more thqan I thought it would, but it still fits well and it very comfortable! It is one of those sweaters that makes you want to sit by a fire and sip hot chocolate in a ski chalet.

No comments: