Monday, December 29, 2008

Goodoien adventure

The annual Goodoien gathering was this past Saturday. Lots of loud Norwegians all trying to talk over each other. It was fun as usual.

Mom asked me if I would make "the" lefse for the gathering. At least I heard her say "the", what she meant to say was "a batch" of lefse. 1 batch is not enough for this group so since I was asked to make "the" lefse I made 2 batches. Good thing too as Mom and Dad were iced in with freezing rain and couldn't make it. So the lefse made it, but the pianist with the cut out sugar cookies didn't. Oh well, we had a lot of fun playing games, eating and talking, but I missed the singing.

I got a CD of Jenny's performance and listened to it while cleaning Sunday morning. I think it was a fantastic recording!

No comments: