Thursday, December 04, 2008

A head start

I decided to get a head start on my baking. My reason for starting now is to have a small selection of goodies available to make treat bags for the 6th, St Nicholas Day.

Tuesday night I made the following: 1 batch of caramels, dough for almond biscotti and dough for molasses cookies. I also started a sponge for Anna's Whole Wheat bread and baked a loaf of No Knead bread.

I also fried some potato pancakes made from leftover mashed potatoes, which were fabulous and had nothing to do with the baking. We ate them with leftover turkey and gravy, applesause, and sour cream. YUM!

I bought a bunch of eggs and flour, but I'm running low on butter and sugar so I'll need to stock up tonight. Friday is when I start baking the dough I've prepared. I'll also make a batch of fudge and some pressed cookies.

Sunday I'm making lefse with a friend. It will be a lovely weekend!

No comments: