Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Rogue Sweater, Day 1

The Rogue Sweater was begun last night. Other than being rather befudled by the instructions it went ok. I'm not used to charts, none of my other patterns have used this feature. I am warming up to this technique though.

I had originally considered knitting this as part of the 2006 Knitters Olympics, but I really have far too many other things that need doing and I did not want to be yoked with such a deffinative deadline. My hopes is that slow and steady will win the race and I can have this thing done while it's still cold enough to wear it. (It's MN, there is hope...)

I did discover that I was short 2 stitches when I started the pattern. Not wanting to rip it out and start over I quick added two stitches. Of course I'm not happy with that solution so today I ripped it back down, quadruple checked the number of stitches and I'm going to re-knit tonight what I knit last night. No, I don't think I'm cheating..... ;^)

3 comments:

Knit-Knot said...

Oh really? So if I rip back and fix the pattern on the left side where I have a hole? Because I just put it in the corner to rip out on Rogue Monday. Hmm.

Liz said...

Well if every Monday is spent fixing a mistake we made the previous week/ or ribbing out what we knit the previous week, we are not going to get very far. And it will be frustrating.

At least that was my opinion.

Knit-Knot said...

Yes - but it does give space to the annoyance and perhaps when I pick it back up the hole won't be there and thus no ripping required.