Friday, March 10, 2006

I have made Fire!

Damn I do NOT need to be in the office today...it is far too nice! Sun is shining and it's damn near 50, in March, in MN. I'm surprised that people are not running naked down the sidewalks.

Last night was so mild that I decided to build a fire outside in our portable firepit. It was lovely. We had a nice roaring blaze for a couple of hours. I made charcloth (finally!). Got my tin from Pix, poked a hole in the top, cut up linen and Viola! I should have enough char cloth to last for the entire camping season. For those of you who don't know, one would use char cloth to start a fire using flint and steel. It is very empowering and extremely impressive!

I also finished another balaclava for the boy to take on the trip to Ol' Mis. We should be getting snow just as they are leaving on Sunday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dang. cool.