Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Project update

Since the roads were treacherous I decided to stay home and not go to the "East side fiber enabelers guild" so there was NO Rogue night. Shock and horror!

However I did finish two projects that have been hanging over my head. One I love the other I'm kind of unsure. I finished the small felted bag to hold my phone. I used the left over wool from the large felted bag and guessed on the size. It probably could be a bit smaller, but the size is not bad. I think it looks adorable.


I've been wanting to make a dog sweater for my friend D since I saw a pattern in Cast On. I got the measurements for D's dog and knit up the sweater, but I'm not sure if I'm happy with it. The directions didn't make a lot of sense and seeing that I don't have D's dog at hand I couldn't really tell if it would fit or not. Luckily Nehemiah was a "willing" model....

I'm hoping that the back isn't too short for a Pomeranian, according to my measurements it should fit great, but I do want to find another pattern. Now I need Charlie's measurements.

5 comments:

Lene said...

We have a lot in common I see, the orange cat and the snow!

Cursing Mama said...

How does one put a sweater on a cat? Neither of mine would stand for it, both the sweater and I would be shreds before I'd get it on.

Liz said...

Nehemiah is very docile. I also managed to get the sweater on Lenny, the trick is to start with the head and then put their paws in. They didn't hiss, bite or anything and simply looked uncomfortable. Poor things. They were only in the thing for a minute.

Anonymous said...

your poor cat.

it does look nice, though.

Anonymous said...

Aw, how cute! Such a handsome kitty.