Friday, February 23, 2007

This isn't a good sign...


When you need a few stiff ones to read your e-mail.
And it's not even good tequila!

This was not angst driven shots, but rather celebration cause of all the good news last night. The roasters are in my posession for the lunch tomorrow. I got the ingredients list off to Cecilia so she could post it. I made and pre-baked 9 pie shells to prepare for the onion tart. I boiled up all the sausages and made a quart of sekanjabin syrup. I found beef roast for $2.99/ pound. I have one last thing to buy and I am done, and that is the pears. If I can find a big industrial can of pear halves, that will be perfect, if not it will have to be fresh, which will up my production time, but I think will make a better product. I tried out a tart last night and I think ammount of sugar is a bit much, but dang it was tasty. I liked the currents, but I think I will soak them before hand for the other pies. The cinnamon was very subdued so I'm thinking it needs something else, maybe ginger....

I also got a note that the final pair of socks are going to be headed out today! Yay! I just wish I had a chance to see them before they go.

Since I was not at knitting last night the gals gave me a quick call to see how I was doing. That was very nice and I was sad I was not there. Next week!

I am worried about the upcoming snow storm and I hope that the brunt of the force holds off until Sunday so that the event does not get cancelled. I also hope it holds off so people come.

3 comments:

Angie Niezgocki said...

LUSH! how did the feast go? all the food you made sounded quite tasty. i hope it all went great. fill us in.

Liz said...

Lunch went really well. The weather kept a lot of people away that normally would have come so we had more food than we needed. I was told to plan for 50-70 people, which is what i did and I think 40 ate lunch. They all liked it and I was under budget. We sent leftovers home with people.

Constanza said...

mmmm....Pepe Lopez. At least you had the limes and salt with it. I really wanted to be there. I would much rather have been there that what I was doing. I spent the day sanding drywall.