Friday, July 27, 2007

Last Minute Striped sweater


That was a quick knit.
This is the Last Minute Striped Sweater by Amy King that I got from Knit Picks back over a year ago. The yarn is Simply Stripes in Crayon, which is no longer sold through Knit Picks. A self striping sock yarn will work just fine for this pattern. I started knitting the body on Tuesday 7-17 and finished the seaming and sewing on buttons last night at knitting, 7-26. I did not spend the entire week knitting the sweater as time was taken to read the final HP book, clean the house, do laundry, and spending time with my new loom.

I soaked, rinsed and blocked the whole sweater last night and I will hand it over the young recipient once it is dried. I added an extra 2" to the length of the body and it made all the difference. My fellow knitter's grandaughter was good enough to try it on to check the fit last night and it is perfect!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so cute!

-elliesam

Guinifer said...

Very cute lil sweater. I actually have some of that yarn in my stash - another colorway - but I doubt I will use it - if you know anyone that would I'd be happy to pass it on!

Beth said...

Hey, what is the name and dye lot on that yarn you need? There are about 3 different shops here I could try for you, and then send it up with Liz next time she heads north (which sounds like it will be soon).

Liz said...

Thanks for the offer, but I found an option that will work and already finished one stocking to my satisfaction and am finishing the second.