Monday, July 30, 2007

One sock down

The yarn issue has been resolved, as best as can be expected. I found a small ball of the cream in the same dye lot in my stash that was left over from the last pair of egyptian socks and it was enough to allow me to complete the broad area of cream in the center of each sock.

This is not the best image of the completed sock; one is done and blocked and the second is on it's way. I finished the decorative band using the off color cream and the stranding makes the difference in dye lot nearly invisible. The decorative band on the second sock has been started and I expect to have the pair complete after a couple evenings with my needles.


Here is a closeup look at the decorative band. I'm quite pleased with how it looks. The jog in the pattern runs up the inside leg of each sock. The person who is going to wear these socks has size 13 feet and measures 21" from the back of the knee to the heel. Long!





I picked up this yarn at Color Crossing on Saturday and it will be a pair of socks for another friend.

What does this color combination remind you of?

No comments: