Monday, September 22, 2008

Socks

I think it is the starting of Fall that makes me think of things to keep my feet warm. I spend most of the summer without socks and putting on that first pair when the weather starts to get cool is a trigger that I need to get busy.

I started and completed 2 pairs of socks over the last 2 weeks. I have wool in my stash for 2 more pair (that I can think of off hand, there is probably more), but I'm still mulling over what patterns to use with the yarn. Both skeins were hand dyed by friends and I love the colors and I think that plain stockinette won't do.

It's hard to fit in knitting with all of the projects I want to complete in the house. The kitchen finally got painted this weekend and I LOVE it. The color is exactly what I wanted. Now I head onto the Living Room tonight to paint the feature wall. Once that is done we can start hanging pictures and put more things away. I'm hoping we have guests this weekend (our first for overnight!) and I want to have the DR more put together, boxes moved to the garage or out of the house, pictures on the walls, and the new exaust fan installed in the bathroom. I think that is a reasonable list for the week. I also need to clean before they arrive, but that won't be too hard.

2 comments:

the boogeyman's wife said...

yeah, even though i've worked on socks through the summer, i still somehow don't have enough to cover my feet for a whole week. if only i could knit all day......

Debra said...

Two addicting, simple, beautiful sock patterns to consider:

Monkey - addicting. absolutely addicting. I recommend knitting the purls.

Spring Forward - super easy, beautiful results.

Yay for sock knitting! They feel great on, and will keep your toes toasty warm.

(Your sock stash is miniscule!)