Knitknot loaned me her blocking wires and dang are they handy. I don't understand why they are not pointed on the ends instead of blunt, but I used a #2 dp to pick up stitches on the side of the scarf and put them on the needles. The instructions said to get the scarf wet in warm water and then roll it in a towel to take the excess moisture out. I then spent probably an hour getting the edges onto the blocking wires. Very tedious but it's probably better than using a trillion pins. By the time I was done the scarf was starting to feel a bit dry so I sprayed it with some more water. I covered my cutting table with some clean white towels to help absorb the moisture and pinned away. It was fairly easy and straightforward. I checked it this morning and it should be completely dry and ready to come off the wires tonight. I'm so excited to see Mom's reaction. I hope she likes it.
I think for my first lace project it turned out rather well.