Thursday, May 04, 2006

New projects


I got a book last night from a very nice friend! The Cool Girl's Guide to Knitting. It has some very nice patterns including one for dog sweaters; one to look like a shark. I think I'm going to covert the shark into a dragon, FUN! I does have a completely scary "poncho" that I am tempted to make just for the humor of it.

I was instructed in the mystery that is the "7 into 5" stitch thanks to knitknot. Trellis Scarf Pattern found in Spring 2006 issue of Interweave Knits. I'm using the lilac Misti Alpaca. I think I may have lost my mind with this project. The 7 into 5 stitch is the most tedious thing I have ever tried and I think my mother will be dead before I sucessfully complete 1 inch of this pattern, let alone the 60" that the finished length should be. I believe I need a new pattern, or stronger drugs. I have opted to switch to circular needles, but to do that I need to purchase #5's, and I better get some point covers and a row counter while I'm at it. I'm hoping that I will get the hang of the pattern, but dang it is hard to see with this light weight stuff.

No comments: