Tuesday, May 08, 2007

It's all in my head

Ok, my fears were unfounded cause the class was fabulous!

I had a lovely mix of people ranging in their 20's to their 50's, all 5 women were from family's who had lefse when they were growing up, but no one made it any more. I truly feel that I changed that for everyone last night and I am so proud. I can't imagine this skill leaving my family. (I think my uncles would take to their beds and not come out again.) One of the ladies received an apron from her grandmother that read "lefse baker", she felt that she had been passed the torch. How wonderful!

The class was 3 hours in length. I showed up early and I'm glad I did cause it took me a while to move everything in, and then clean down the counters. The place was not clean to my standards, especially for a home ec room. Ick. We baked 2 batches of dough and every one of them was flipping and rolling and turning lefse rounds like pros. They all had fun, they all learned that this was actually easy and they all were sucessful in what they produced. Best of all they all got to eat what they made and take rounds home with them.

I asked them to fill out evaluation forms but I don't know if I will ever see that feed back. I'm feeling confident that it was positive. I have already been asked back for the fall/ winter session and I will find out the date at the end of June.

I can't wait! It was so much fun!

No comments: