Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Dye and Yarn ordered

After careful consideration I have decided that the Dikinson pullover will turn out better if I use wool instead of cotton. Don't know what the heck I'm going to do with all that cotton, but at least it will be washed and wound and ready for the perfect project when it presents itself.

I placed an order from Knit Picks for 14 skeins of Wool of the Andes in Mulled Wine for the sweater. I also ordered a couple skeins each of Palette Heathers in Verdant and Navy. I'm going to flip through my Vintage Sock book for a couple patterns. I think my sister and mom both need hand knit socks for Christmas.


I also ordered Charmed Knits. I looked at this book at my LYS and it is filled with really sweet patterns. I am teaching a couple of kids to knit who are Harry Potter mad and I think the patterns will really inspire them.

The free shipping from Knit Picks for orders over $45 is sweet.

I ordered the acid dyes for the fingering weight wool, Bright Scarlet. Don't know how quickly I will receive it, but if I get it by this weekend I am totally going to do some dyeing. I can't wait to start the Clessidra stockings. They are just gorgeous!

Tonight I am meeting my student and her mom at the LYS and we are going to find yarn, a pattern and some needles to make a "purpley scarf". We might also pick up some Slytherin colors to make a hat/ scarf for her brother. His ultimate goal is to make a sweater and I think a hat is a step in the right direction.

I managed to take my tent down last night before the rain started in again. I get to haul it out again on 31st.

No comments: