Sunday, August 26, 2007

I thought I was doing so well...

Ok so I only have 1 drawer for my yarn. Notice that the drawer is full and there is no space for the following or the new yarn that I am expecting.


I've collected my leftover sock yarn in my darning basket to make baby/ toddler socks. I've already made 2 pair. The basket sits in the Living Room.


Everyone needs dish cloths and market bags and I managed to get all of my cotton into another basket to place next to my bed. I can always cast on a dish cloth and work a few rows before going to sleep.


Oh this? Well I'm giving this away to my student to make a scarf.


I have enough yarn leftover for another pair of sock monkey socks. This yarn is also in my darning basket with the sock needles and self striping leftovers.


I need to make a new baby sweater for my friends first child. I can use my leftover Cascade. I knitted up to the armholes on the body and started one sleeve. This project is sitting in the sewing room.


I bought this to make clogs for my dad for Christmas. This yarn is currently sitting in a bag I bought it in on top of my dresser.


Oh the 9 skeins of cotton hanging to dry in the bathroom? Um... well they are dry, but I have no place to put them.

And the 4 skeins of fingering weight wool ready for dyeing? They are hanging in the closet until I get a chance to dye them. Once the yarn is prepared I will be knitting the Clessidra stockings from Knitty.

My KnitPicks order arrives this week containing yarn for a sweater, 2 pairs of socks and a knitting book, which will only cause me to buy more yarn to make more things. I don't have any place to put this order. Yeah...I thought I was doing pretty good. At this rate I can keep knitting for a year with the amount of stash that I currently own. I did go to 3 Kittens today and had some self control and did not buy anything (although the 100 gr of silk lace weight is calling to me something fierce......)

I do recognize that there are many of you who actually own a "REAL" stash who are currently falling out of your chairs over my "stash woes".

1 comment:

Beth said...

I'm right there with you. I don't have S.A.B.L.E., but when you have other hobbies as well, every bit of space helps.